This page gives information about how to prepare for your coronavirus swab test, how you will receive your test results, and the action you should take when you do.
Our clinic offers a wide range of Coronavirus (Covid-19) tests for work and world travel including swab test with fit to fly travel certificates and test to release. Each country has a different set of requirements for when the test should be taken, so please ensure that you time your test appropriately depending on your own personal travel requirements.
What to expect when you come for the test:
• Nasal and Throat swab sample collected in-clinic.
• Guaranteed results within your chosen time frame (same day, next day or on day three).
• Results provided by us are accepted by All airlines, should you need to fly
• We are on the Government’s list of Covid-19 test providers.
When can I NOT get the Covid-19 PCR test with us?
If any of the below statements are true, you will not be permitted to visit our clinic:
• You have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days.
• You have experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 in last 10 days.
• You have knowingly had contact within Covid-19 in last 10 days.
For a Covid-19 PCR Swab test, you should:
• Avoid nasal sprays or any other solution in the nose 24h before your test
• Avoid eating salty meals or drinking alcohol for 2h before your test
• Avoid eating, drinking and smoking or 30min before your test (including mints & chewing gum)
Non-compliance with this advice can render your test result inconclusive.
Please arrive on time for your booked appointment. Please ensure you wear the mask in the clinic.
Please ensure you have a form of photographic ID (passport or national ID) when attending your appointment.
You will receive the results of the swab by email as soon as it is available. We will also call you to confirm that results are received. Please make sure you have given us your correct mobile telephone number and email address at the time of booking your test. If we do not have your correct mobile number and email address you will not be able to receive your result by text.
You must self-isolate if you have coronavirus symptoms until you receive your result by text. The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
• high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
• new, continuous cough –coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
• loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – you have noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
If you test negative
Your coronavirus (COVID-19) test result is negative. It’s likely you were not infectious when the test was done.
You should self-isolate again if you get symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) – get an NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) test from www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test and self-isolate until you get the results.
For advice on when you might need to self-isolate and what to do, go to www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 and read ‘Self-isolation and treating symptoms’.
If you test positive
Your coronavirus test result is positive. This means you probably have the virus. You are required to self-isolate.
More information on self-isolating as an international arrival.
You may be contacted for contact tracing and to check that you are self-isolating.
You must not travel, including to leave the UK, during self-isolation.
Contact 111 if you need medical help. In an emergency dial 999.
If your test result is unclear
Your coronavirus test result is unclear. It is not possible to say if you had the virus when the test was done.
You must take another test or self-isolate for 10 days from the day after your test date. You may be contacted to check that you are self-isolating.
Get help if you’re worried
If at any time over the next few days you, or someone you live with, gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better, visit NHS 111 online, website: www.111.nhs.uk.
Call 111 if you cannot get help online. In a medical emergency, dial 999.
WE DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR OFFER ADVICE ON THE TIME WHEN YOUR SAMPLE NEEDS TO BE COLLECTED IN ORDER TO MEET THE COVID-19 TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS OF YOUR DESTINATION. PLEASE CALCULATE THE HOURS AND BOOK AN APPOINTMENT ACCORDINGLY.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IN OUR CLINIC FOR A COVID-19 TEST IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING COVID-19 SYMPTOMS OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WITH COVID19 SYMPTOMS OR POSITIVE TEST WITHIN THE PREVIOUS 10 DAYS.
If you need further information not available on our website, please contact us by telephone: 0208 050 4353 or email: email@example.com